Optolong LRGB Filter Kit
Optolong LRGB Kit Filter
Optolong LRGB Filter Set comes four filters, including Red, Green, Blue, and Luminance. They are designed for de-bayered monochrome CCD and CMOS cameras, and work great for both planetary and deep-sky imaging. Like all Optolong filters that are designated as “CCD”, this filter set blocks infrared wavelengths from 700nm to 1100nm so you don't need a separate IR-Cut filter.
The transmission of each filter is designed for maximum contrast and beautiful results. There is a gap between the green and red filters that improves color balance and separation by blocking out the Sodium line at 589nm. Also, OIII emission is allowed to overlap on the blue and green filters for more natural color.
Optolong LRGB Filter Set is made with Schott glass that has been multi-coated with an ion-assisted deposition technology to ensure scratch resistance and stability on the central wavelength, or CWL.
Quality Filter Materials:
- Schott B260 substrate material from Germany, 2.0mm thick
- Multiple layers of anti-reflection non-cementing coatings applied via electron-beam gun evaporation with Ion-assisted deposition
Optolong Filter Manufacturing Processes and Parameters
- Filter substrate is fine-optically polished to 1/4 wave and <30 parallelism over both surfaces
- Surface quality, according to MIL-O-13830, is 60/40
- 95% transmission at bandpass
- Infrared wavelength 700-1100nm cut-off
- Optolong’s planetary rotation system is a homogenous and precise coating procedure that ensures both high transmission of pass-band and optical density of off-band
- Each filter comes with a plastic case with high pressure EVA case lining
Main Use and Performance
- Use with monochrome CCD cameras and you need to remove the cover glass of sensor and internal UV-IR blocker in order to pass UV light. The same holds true for mono DSLRs that its built-in low pass filter needs to be removed. What’s more, you need a special UV lens together with camera body. The sensor of CCD or CMOS cameras is capable of detecting light in the 350-1100nm range.
- Act as an outstanding dust shield, which prevents the possibility of dust settling on the lens during long time exposure.
- Ultraviolet photography finds practical use in medicine, dermatology, botany, criminology and theatrical applications.
- WARNING: The filters of Optolong are not designed for sun observation. DO NOT LOOK AT THE SUN WITH OPTOLONG FILTER. You would be BLIND if you fail to observe the warning.
- Multi-layers anti-reflection coating
- Non-cementing optical substrate coating
- Electron-beam gun evaporation with Ion-assisted deposition coating technology for durability and resistance to scratching, as well as stability on CWL(central wavelength) no deviation affected by temperature change
- Planetary rotation system offers precision and homogeneity of coatings ensuring high value on transmission of pass-band and Optical density of off-band
- Plastic PP Case | Imported High Pressure EVA Case Lining | Silver Cardboard Box | High Density Sponge Carton Lining