Optolong Venus U Filter - 1.25" Mounted
Optolong Venus U Filter
Venus-U filter makes it possible to obtain photographs, CCD or video images in the UV-A (320-400nm) and observe Venus’ cloud structures.
Main Use and Performance
- Use with monochrome CCD cameras and you need to remove the cover glass of sensor and internal UV-IR blocker in order to pass UV light. The same holds true for mono DSLRs that its built-in low pass filter needs to be removed. What’s more, you need a special UV lens together with camera body. The sensor of CCD or CMOS cameras is capable of detecting light in the 350-1100nm range.
- Act as an outstanding dust shield, which prevents the possibility of dust settling on the lens during long time exposure.
- Ultraviolet photography finds practical use in medicine, dermatology, botany, criminology and theatrical applications.
- WARNING: The filters of Optolong are not designed for sun observation. DO NOT LOOK AT THE SUN WITH OPTOLONG FILTER. You would be BLIND if you fail to observe the warning.
- Schott substrate material
- Thickness 2.0mm
- Surface Quality: 60/40 (Refer to MIL-O-13830)
- Fine-optically polished to ensure accurate 1/4 wavefront and <30 seconds parallelism over the both surfaces
- 80% maximum transmission at spectral region 320-370nm
- Precision off-band blocking on ultraviolet wavelength 200-280nm, visible and infrared spectral region
- Multi-layers anti-reflection coating
- Non-cementing optical substrate coating
- Electron-beam gun evaporation with Ion-assisted deposition coating technology for durability and resistance to scratching, as well as stability on CWL(central wavelength) no deviation affected by temperature change
- Planetary rotation system offers precision and homogeneity of coatings ensuring high value on transmission of pass-band and Optical density of off-band
- Ultra-thin filter cell minimize vignetting by maximize possible clear aperture (clear aperture is 26mm for 1.25”; 45mm for 2”)
- Aerometal Material | Precise CNC Machining | Sand Blasting Process | Black Anodized Finish | Extinction Treatment to Prevent Reflection | Laser Engraving No Fading
- Plastic PP Case | Imported High Pressure EVA Case Lining | Silver Cardboard Box | High Density Sponge Carton Lining
- Standard 1.25” & 2”
Free Shipping Worldwide Via Registered Pos. For Express Shipment, Contact Us For Charges!